BRAIN BLAST TOPIC

TITLE: "DEATH DRAMA"
You are lying on a hospital bed. A doctor come in your room and he said that you only have a day left in your life.

Disregarding panic and stress...

What will be your ideal before death experience?

What is the last things you want to do before your death?

And so if you are open enough to foresee your ideal before death experience, you may share your answer here.

For previous Brain Blast Topics click here.

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Enrollment and Biostatistics (Studying Data in our lives)

I just came from a very excruciating and tiring process of an enrollment and being a first timer makes it even worse. The long time of waiting made me feel hungry and sleepy. Luckily, my patience is just long enough to survive it. But prior to hunger for food was hunger for knowledge. I was hungry for knowledge on my degree, BS Statistics, because of the mind nurturing and eye opening orientation of the school.

The school’s orientation told us everything we need to know about what our lives would be in college. It was said that life in UPD’s school of statistics would definitely be a long winding rough journey to success. It was also said that if will be able to survive, all of our hard work would definitely have well returns, for finding a job would just be as easy as picking a fruit from its tree. The facilitator even told us that most companies are even the one who hunts for us as soon as possible. By that, I just proved to myself that the rules of life would be give and take. Give your best today and you’ll take the best tomorrow.

Aside from the job opportunities, the orientation gave us knowledge onto the flexibility of the degree. It was taught that statistics has an application on any field that has data. And so, it has economic application, psychological application, business application, pharmaceutical applications etc. but what I like the most is the biological applications, which is called biostatistics. Biostatistics has the most impression in me because this solves my problem of being pressured to choose between the two things that I like, which are Biology and Statistics. Also, the orientation gave me a big relief by introducing biostatistics for I have been having second thoughts of pushing it through and biostatistics is just strong enough to motivate me to continue. The orientation just made me feel more thrilled to learn more about my degree and finally, I got a chance to have an equal dose of statistics and biology.

Biostatistics might be able to measure and analyze data and uncertainties related with living things but for sure it can never measure how much uncertainty in life these living things has. Also, I could just always say that statistics might be the smartest fortuneteller for it can still never tell what fate had stored for us next. Lastly, despite of all of this, statistics esp. biostatistics would truly be the smartest thing I could choose for myself.

2 comments:

  1. van! nakoh. Biostat. yikee. tutuloy nya na. :D

    naalala ko na pala yung stat na malaki daw sweldo(well lhat nman yata!:P) yung ACTUARY SCIENCE. yan yta yun eh.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesssssssssss van, naisip ko rin yan biostatistics!

    Likewise, I want to focus on psychological application and business application..

    haha, mag-iisip pa akong mabuti! :P

    ReplyDelete